Forecable cowl features big four strands cables and a convertible design. It can be worn as a full buttoned cowl, or a short scarf that wraps tightly around your neck, or a soft wrap that drapes comfortably around your shoulders.
Approximately 350 yards (320 m) of bulky weight wool yarn.
- Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky (100% wool; 137 yards (125 m)/100 g)
- Garnstudio DROPS Eskimo (100% wool; 55 yards (50 m)/50 g)
- Malabrigo Yarn Mecha (100% Merino; 130 yards (119 m)/100 g)
- The Plucky Knitter Snug (70% Merino, 20% Cashmere goat, 10% Alpaca; 110 yards (101 m)/100 g)
Grey sample is knitted with Vita Diamond (100% wool; 328 yards (300 meters)/100 g), four strands held together.
Emerald sample is knitted with Troitsk Yarn TAIGA Luxury Olympus (100% merino wool; 131 yards (120 m)/50 g), three strands held together.
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS
- Size US 9 (5.5 mm) 10” or 14” straight needles or 32” circular needles
- Size US 11 (8.0 mm) 10” or 14” straight needles or 32” circular needles (or size needed to obtain gauge; exact gauge is not crucial)
- Cable needle
- Blunt tapestry needle
- Seven 3/4” (19 mm) buttons
- Seven 1/4” (7 mm) or smaller button
Approximately 30” (77 cm) long and 14” (36 cm) wide, relaxed after blocking
- Long tail tubular cast on
- Sewn tubular bind off
- Written instructions
This pattern is intended for personal use only and is subject to copyright. You may not sell or distribute electronic or paper copies of this pattern.